It is a joint research project between LIFELY
and the Department of Agriculture of the University of Sassari.
The device will allow you to find important data such as: water consumption, soil temperature and moisture through the use of local sensors. These data will be related to environmental data such as: weather forecasts and / or other parameters that can significantly modify the result of the forecast. A fundamental characteristic of this device is the extreme configurability of the data that are detected, the possibility of making them available to the user and allowing their correlation through the Internet with heterogeneous data not locally detectable.
Wisely adheres to the communication and interface standards through Open API in order to guarantee “growth” even outside Wisely. One of the general research objectives of the WISELY project will consist in creating a real “data ecosystem” in which the availability of data, the existence of algorithms capable of processing them, and the creation of end-user applications capable of enhance them, they will be based on an approach open to possible future additions.
The WISELY Hardware / Software framework is the innovative element of the project
Integrated monitoring of water requirements based on punctual and real-time analysis of the soil.
Integrated IT-Embedded Infrastructure adapted for communication with sensor devices.
Development of low-cost measurement devices and related radio communication (low consumption, high capacity)
Areas of interest
Creation of an ICT platform capable of designing a network of low-cost sensors and collecting measurements in real time. WISELY has a particular attention to open data for a triple aspect:
- The data detected by the sensors on the soil will be made available in open data
- Wisely will use Open data for data not detectable locally such as pollution and weather forecasts
- Wisely will present open data to users in a user friendly way.
Design of a new low-cost measurement device for agriculture is consistent with the Agrifood specialization area and in particular it is functional to the objective of:
- Improve the regional production system of traditional agricultural companies
- Improve the agro-industry business processes (production, sales, marketing) through ICT technologies
- The strengthening of local productions and the application of research and innovation.